TRADACOMS Connectors support generating TRADACOMS documents from XML and converting TRADACOMS documents into XML.
When receiving TRADACOMS documents, TRADACOMS Connectors validate interchange headers and convert the TRADACOMS document into XML. This is useful as a staging step, as XML is the primary format that CData Arc uses to manipulate data within a flow. The TRADACOMS Connector automatically reads the input file to determine the appropriate schema, then parses the document according to this schema.
When generating TRADACOMS documents, TRADACOMS Connectors convert XML into TRADACOMS document syntax and apply the appropriate interchange headers. This is useful as the final step for creating an TRADACOMS document, after the XML data has been fetched and transformed elsewhere in the flow.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to how the connector will attempt to translate input files.
- Connector Id The static, unique identifier for the connector.
- Connector Type Displays the connector name and a description of what it does.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide a free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
- Translation Type Whether the connector should convert TRADACOMS documents into XML or XML data into TRADACOMS documents.
Settings related to the transmission headers of TRADACOMS documents. When generating TRADACOMS documents, these settings are applied as interchange headers in the resulting document. When parsing TRADACOMS documents, the interchange settings are used to validate the incoming document.
- Syntax Identifier (STDS Identifier) Identifies the syntax rules used in the TRADACOMS document.
- Sender Code (FROM Code) Identifies the party sending the TRADACOMS document. When generating TRADACOMS from XML, this should be your code.
- Sender Name (FROM Name) The optional name of the party sending the TRADACOMS document. When generating TRADACOMS from XML, this should be your name.
- Recipient Code (UNTO Code) Identifies the party receiving the TRADACOMS document. When converting TRADACOMS into XML, this should be your code.
- Recipient Name (UNTO Name) The optional name of the party receiving the TRADACOMS document. When converting TRADACOMS into XML, this should be your name.
- Sender Reference (SNRF) The ID used to reference the sender of the TRADACOMS document.
- Receiver Reference (RCRF) The ID used to reference the recipient of the TRADACOMS document.
- Application Reference (APRF) The ID used to reference the TRADACOMS application for this document exchange.
- Transmission Priority Code (PRCD) The code representing the priority of the TRADACOMS transmission.
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- Send Whether messages arriving at the connector will automatically be processed.
Settings that specify which characters separate elements, segments, etc.
- Data Element Separator The character that separates individual data elements within the document.
- Component Element Separator The character that separates elements within a composite data structure in the document.
- Segment Terminator The character that indicates the end of a segment within the document.
- Release Char The character that ‘releases’ or ‘escapes’ the next character, overriding its usual meaning. This allows reserved characters to appear as data withing documents, as long as they are preceded by the Release Char.
- Repetition Char The character that indicates repetition of element values.
- Suffix Appended to the Segment Terminator to distinguish segments.
Settings related to the allocation of resources to the connector.
- Max Workers The maximum number of worker threads consumed from the threadpool to process files on this connector. If set, this overrides the default setting on the Settings > Automation page.
- Max Files The maximum number of files sent by each thread assigned to the connector. If set, this overrides the default setting on the Settings > Automation page.
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- Batch Transactions Whether multiple transactions should be grouped together in a single output file. If false, each transaction found in the interchange will result in a separate output document.
- Expand Qualifier Values When translating TRADACOMS into XML, whether elements containing an EDI qualifier will have child elements ‘Code’ and ‘Value’ to express the qualifier code and value. For example:
- Generate Description As When translating TRADACOMS into XML, descriptions of the TRADACOMS segments and elements will be provided as context for the TRADACOMS data. This context can be added as an XML comment or included within the XML elements as XML attributes. Use this setting to determine which of these approaches, or neither, is used.
- SNIP Validation When enabled, the connector will perform the first three levels of SNIP Validation for HIPAA compliance: (1) the syntactical integrity of the document, (2) the presence of required segments and appropriate repetitions for repeated segments, and (3) the correct mathematical relationship between claim line items and claim totals. Higher levels of SNIP Validation (4+) may require a Validate Connector or custom script.
- Local File Scheme A scheme for assigning filenames to messages that are output by the connector. You can use the following macros to reference contextual information:
%ConnectorId%, %Filename%, %FilenameNoExt%, %Ext%, %ShortDate%, %LongDate%, %RegexFilename%, %DateFormat%, %Header%.
For example: %FilenameNoExt%_%ShortDate%%Ext%
- Strict Schema Validation Whether the connector should Ignore, Warn, or Fail when the following are detected: Repeat counts above the allowed number; missing required elements/segments; invalid qualifier and code values; disallowed element lengths; invalid element values.
Miscellaneous settings are for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Enables you to configure hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list (for example,
setting1=value1;setting2=value2). Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require the use of these settings.
TRADACOMS to XML
When generating XML, set the Translation Type to TRADACOMS to XML. TRADACOMS files placed in the Input tab will be processed by the connector. The connector will validate TRADACOMS message headers against the Transmission Settings configured in the connector. After validating the transmission, the TRADACOMS segments are converted into XML according to the schema specified in the message. The resulting XML files are placed in the Output tab for the connector.
XML to TRADACOMS
When generating TRADACOMS files, set the Translation Type to XML to TRADACOMS. XML files placed in the Input tab will be processed by the connector. The connector converts the XML elements representing a TRADACOMS file into TRADACOMS segments, then uses the Transmission Settings fields to generate the transmission headers. To create an example of the XML structure required to generate TRADACOMS documents, start with an example TRADACOMS document and send it through the TRADACOMS Connector in TRADACOMS to XML mode. The resulting XML can be used as a template in the XML Map Connector to convert arbitrary XML structures into TRADACOMS structure.