FHIR Connector Setup
FHIR Connector Setup
The FHIR connector allows you to integrate FHIR into your data flow by pushing or pulling data from FHIR. Follow the steps below to connect CData Arc to FHIR.
Establish a Connection
To allow Arc to use data from FHIR, you must first establish a connection to FHIR. There are two ways to establish this connection:
- Add a FHIR connector to your flow. Then, in the settings pane, click Create next to the Connection drop-down list.
- Open the Arc Settings page, then open the Connections tab. Click Add, select FHIR, and click Next.
- The login process is only required the first time the connection is created.
- Connections to FHIR can be re-used across multiple FHIR connectors.
Enter Connection Settings
After opening a new connection dialogue, follow these steps:
- Enter the connection information:
- Name — The static name of the connection. Set this as desired.
- Type — This is always set to FHIR.
- Connection Type — The FHIR API implementation that you want to use. Options are Generic (for any custom implementation of the FHIR API), Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Auth Scheme — The authentication scheme to use for the connection. Options are None (the default option),OAUTH, Azure AD, and AwsRootKeys.
- URL — The URL to the FHIR server that you want to use.
- Create the connection according to your selected Auth scheme:
- None — The Auth scheme indicates that no authentication is used.
- OAUTH — Enter your OAuth client Id and the OAuth client secret.
- AzureAD — Enter your OAuth client Id and OAuth client secret.
- AwsRootKeys — Enter your AWS access key and AWS secret key.
If necessary, click Advanced to open the drop-down menu of advanced connection settings. These should not be needed in most cases.
Click Test Connection to ensure that Arc can connect to FHIR with the provided information. If an error occurs, check all fields and try again.
Click Add Connection to finalize the connection.
In the Connection drop-down list of the connector configuration pane, select the newly-created connection.
- Click Save Changes.
Select an Action
After establishing a connection to FHIR, you must choose the action that the FHIR connector will perform. The table below outlines each action and where it belongs in an Arc flow.
|Action||Description||Position in Flow|
|Lookup||Retrieves a value from FHIR and inserts that value into an already-existing Arc message in the flow.
The Lookup Query determines what value the connector will retrieve from FHIR. It should be formatted as a SQL query against the FHIR tables.
|Select||Retrieves data from FHIR and brings it into Arc.
You can use the Filter panel to add filters to the Select. These filters function similarly to WHERE clauses in SQL.
|Execute Stored Procedures||Treats data coming into the connector as input for a stored procedure, and then passes the result down the flow.
You can click the Show Sample Data button to provide sample inputs to the selected Stored Procedure and preview the results.