The Copy Connector adds a branching shape to the flow, sending incoming messages to two other connectors.
Copy Connectors are primarily configured visually in the flow designer. Connect a Copy Connector to two other connectors in the flow, and messages that reach the Copy Connector will be sent to both connected connectors. This allows files to be processed by two separate flows unconditionally. If a Copy Connector does not have any connected connectors, then messages will processed by the connector will end up in the Output/Receive folder.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the core operation of the connector.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are contained in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- Log Subfolder Scheme Instructs the connector to group files in the Logs folder according to the selected interval. For example, the Weekly option instructs the connector to create a new subfolder each week and store all logs for the week in that folder. The blank setting tells the connector to save all logs directly in the Logs folder. For connectors that process many transactions, using subfolders helps keep logs organized and improves performance.
- Log Messages Whether the log entry for a processed file will include a copy of the file itself.
- Save to Sent Folder Whether files processed by the connector should be copied to the Sent folder for the connector.
Miscellaneous settings are for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Enables you to configure hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list (for example,
setting1=value1;setting2=value2). Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require the use of these settings.
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- Send Whether messages arriving at the connector will automatically be processed.