The Notify Connector sends simple notification emails to the recipients defined in the Profile section of the application.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the core configuration of the connector.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are contained in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
- Subject The subject line of the outgoing email message.
- Message The body of the outgoing email message. ArcScript is supported, as well as the following macros:
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- Send Filter A glob pattern filter to determine which files in the Send folder will be uploaded by the connector (e.g. *.txt). Negative patterns may be used to indicate files that should not be uploaded (e.g. -*.tmp). Multiple patterns may be separated by commas, with later filters taking priority except when an exact match is found.
- Log Subfolder Scheme Instructs the connector to group files in the Logs folder according to the selected interval. For example, the Weekly option instructs the connector to create a new subfolder each week and store all logs for the week in that folder. The blank setting tells the connector to save all logs directly in the Logs folder. For connectors that process many transactions, using subfolders helps keep logs organized and improves performance.
- Log Messages Whether the log entry for a processed file will include a copy of the file itself.
- Save to Sent Folder Whether files processed by the connector should be copied to the Sent folder for the connector.
Miscellaneous settings are for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Enables you to configure hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list (for example,
setting1=value1;setting2=value2). Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require the use of these settings.
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- Send Whether messages arriving at the connector will automatically be processed.
Settings related to the allocation of resources to the connector.
- Max Workers The maximum number of worker threads that are consumed from the threadpool to process files on this connector. If set, this overrides the default setting on the Profiles page.
- Max Files The maximum number of files that are processed by the connector each time worker threads are assigned to the connector. If set, this overrides the default setting on the Profiles page.
In addition to the Operations provided with CData Arc, connectors may provide operations that extend functionality into ArcScript. Operations specific to the functionality of the Notify Connector are listed below.
Sends email notifications.
- Message: The message to send.
- To: A comma separated list of addresses for destinations.
- Subject: The subject to send.
- Attachment#: File(s) to attach to the message.
- Async: Is send asynchronously. The allowed values are ‘true, false’. The default value is ‘true’.