Oracle Connector Setup
Oracle Connector Setup
The Oracle connector allows you to integrate Oracle into your data flow by pushing or pulling data from Oracle. Follow the steps below to connect ArcESB to Oracle.
Establish a Connection
To allow ArcESB to use data from Oracle, you must first establish a connection using login credentials. You can create the connection from either the connector configuration pane or the Connections tab of the Settings page.
- The login process is only required the first time the connection is created.
- Connections to Oracle can be re-used across multiple Oracle connectors.
From the Connector Configuration Pane
Drag the Oracle connector into an ArcESB flow and give it a name.
In the Connector Configuration pane, click + Create next to the Connection drop-down list.
The Add Connection modal appears. Provide the requested information:
- Name — The static name of the connection. Set this as desired.
- Type — This is always set to Oracle.
- Connection Type — The connection type (SID or Service Name) to use.
- User — The username to use for logging in.
- Password — The password for the user entered above.
- Server — The address of the Oracle server you want to connect to.
- Port — The port to use when connecting to the server.
- SID/Service — The SID or Service (depending on Connection Type chosen) to use when connecting.
- Other — Other authentication information if needed.
If needed, click Advanced to open the drop-down menu of advanced connection settings. These should not be needed in most cases.
Click Test Connection to ensure that ArcESB can connect to Oracle with the provided information. If an error occurs, check all fields and try again.
Click Add Connection to finalize the connection.
In the Connection drop-down list of the connector configuration pane, select the newly-created connection.
Click Save Changes.
From the Settings Page
Open the Settings page, and then click the Connections tab.
Click Add to open the Connection Type modal.
Click Oracle, then click Next.
Continue from step 3 above for Connection Configuration Pane.
Select an Action
After establishing a connection to Oracle, you must choose the action that the Oracle connector will perform. The table below outlines each action and where it belongs in an ArcESB flow.
|Action||Description||Position in Flow|
|Upsert||Inserts or updates Oracle data. By default, if a record already exists in Oracle, an update is performed on the existing data in Oracle using the values provided from the input.||End|
|Lookup||Retrieves a value from Oracle and inserts that value into an already-existing Arc message in the flow.
The Lookup Query determines what value the connector will retrieve from Oracle. It should be formatted as a SQL query against the Oracle tables.
|Select||Retrieves data from Oracle and brings it into ArcESB.
You can use the Filter panel to add filters to the Select. These filters function similarly to WHERE clauses in SQL.
|Execute Stored Procedures||Treats data coming into the connector as input for a stored procedure, and then passes the result down the flow.
You can click the Show Sample Data button to provide sample inputs to the selected Stored Procedure and preview the results.