Odoo Connector Setup
Odoo Connector Setup
The Odoo connector allows you to integrate Odoo into your data flow by pushing or pulling data from Odoo. Follow the steps below to connect CData Arc to Odoo.
Establish a Connection
To allow Arc to use data from Odoo, you must first establish a connection to Odoo. There are two ways to establish this connection:
- Add a Odoo connector to your flow. Then, in the settings pane, click Create next to the Connection drop-down list.
- Open the Arc Settings page, then open the Connections tab. Click Add, select Odoo, and click Next.
- The login process is only required the first time the connection is created.
- Connections to Odoo can be re-used across multiple Odoo connectors.
Enter Connection Settings
After opening a new connection dialogue, follow these steps:
Provide the requested information:
- Name — The static name of the connection. Set this as desired.
- Type — This is always set to Odoo.
- URL — The URL to a valid Odoo site.
- User — The user with which you want to connect.
- APIToken/Password — The API token for the user with which you want to connect. Note: API tokens are supported only in Odoo 14 and later. Therefore, if your version of Odoo is earlier that Odoo 14, you can provide a password in the APIToken field.
- Database — The Odoo database
If needed, click Advanced to open the drop-down menu of advanced connection settings. These should not be needed in most cases.
Click Test Connection to ensure that Arc can connect to Odoo with the provided information. If an error occurs, check all fields and try again.
Click Add Connection to finalize the connection.
In the Connection drop-down list of the connector configuration pane, select the newly-created connection.
Click Save Changes.
Select an Action
After establishing a connection to Odoo, you must choose the action that the Odoo connector will perform. The table below outlines each action and where it belongs in an Arc flow.
|Action||Description||Position in Flow|
|Upsert||Inserts or updates Odoo data. By default, if a record already exists in Odoo, an update is performed on the existing data in Odoo using the values provided from the input.||End|
|Lookup||Retrieves a value from Odoo and inserts that value into an already-existing Arc message in the flow.
The Lookup Query determines what value the connector will retrieve from Odoo. It should be formatted as a SQL query against the Odoo tables.
|Select||Retrieves data from Odoo and brings it into Arc.
You can use the Filter panel to add filters to the Select. These filters function similarly to WHERE clauses in SQL.
|Execute Stored Procedures||Treats data coming into the connector as input for a stored procedure, and then passes the result down the flow.
You can click the Show Sample Data button to provide sample inputs to the selected Stored Procedure and preview the results.