The ACH Connector supports translating NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) files into XML and vice versa.
CData Arc uses XML as the primary data manipulation format, so it is often useful to convert files into XML at the start of a flow, or use XML to generate a file at the end of a flow. The ACH Connector supports this conversion with NACHA files.
The ACH Connector can also validate Control Record totals, or recalculate the totals to ensure they are correct after any modifications in the flow.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the core operation of the connector.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are held in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
- 変換の種類 Whether the connector should expect NACHA input (and convert it to XML) or XML input (and convert it into a NACHA file).
- 検証モード How the connector should handle the Control Records in each file to verify that the totals (Entry Count, Credit Total, Debit Total, etc) are correct. Valid values are:
Validate Totals - The connector will compare the totals in the file’s Control Records with totals computed by the connector; if these values do not match, an error will be thrown.
Compute Totals - The connector will ignore the totals in the file’s Control Records and substitute them with the totals computed by the connector. This is useful when adding or removing records from the file.
No Validation The totals in the Control Records are used, and the connector does not compute its own totals.
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- Log Subfolder Scheme Instructs the connector to group files in the Logs folder according to the selected interval. For example, the Weekly option instructs the connector to create a new subfolder each week and store all logs for the week in that folder. The blank setting tells the connector to save all logs directly in the Logs folder. For connectors that process many transactions, using subfolders can help keep logs organized and improve performance.
- Log Messages Whether the log entry for a processed file will include a copy of the file itself.
- Save to Sent Folder Whether files processed by the connector should be copied to the Sent folder for the connector.
Settings for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Allows configuration of hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list, like
setting1=value1;setting2=value2. Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require use of these settings.
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- 送信 Whether messages arriving at the connector will automatically be processed.
The ACH Connector requires minimal configuration before translating between NACHA and XML formats. The 変換の種類 field determines the direction of translation, and the 検証モード field determines whether the connector will validate the mathematical sums contained in the ACH control records.
When operating in NACHA-to-XML mode, NACHA files that reach the ACH Connector in the Arc Flow will automatically be converted into XML if 送信オートメーション is enabled. Otherwise, files can be manually processed using the Send button in the Input tab of the connector.
When operating in XML-to-NACHA mode, XML files that reach the ACH connector must be in the appropriate XML format to be successfully converted into a NACHA file. Convert a sample NACHA file to XML first to view an example of the XML structure necessary for NACHA conversion.