Square Connector Setup
Square Connector Setup
The Square connector allows you to integrate Square into your data flow by pushing or pulling data from Square. Follow the steps below to connect CData Arc to Square.
Establish a Connection
To allow Arc to use data from Square, you must first establish a connection to Square. There are two ways to establish this connection:
- Add a Square connector to your flow. Then, in the settings pane, click Create next to the Connection drop-down list.
- Open the Arc Settings page, then open the Connections tab. Click Add, select Square, and click Next.
- The login process is only required the first time the connection is created.
- Connections to Square can be re-used across multiple Square connectors.
Enter Connection Settings
After opening a new connection dialogue, follow these steps:
- Enter the connection information:
- Name—the static name of the connection. Set this as desired.
- Type—this is always set to Square.
- Auth Scheme—the authentication scheme to use for the connection. Options are OAuth and PersonalAccessToken.
- Create the connection according to your selected Auth Scheme:
- OAuth—click Connect and login to your Square account.
- PersonalAccessToken—enter your access token.
If needed, click Advanced to open the drop-down menu of advanced connection settings. These should not be needed in most cases.
Click Test Connection to ensure that Arc can connect to Square with the provided information. If an error occurs, check all fields and try again.
Click Add Connection to finalize the connection.
In the Connection drop-down list of the connector configuration pane, select the newly-created connection.
- Click Save Changes.
Select an Action
After establishing a connection to Square, you must choose the action that the Square connector will perform. The table below outlines each action and where it belongs in an Arc flow.
|Action||Description||Position in Flow|
|Upsert||Inserts or updates Square data. By default, if a record already exists in Square, an update is performed on the existing data in Square using the values provided from the input.||End|
|Lookup||Retrieves a value from Square and inserts that value into an already-existing Arc message in the flow.
The Lookup Query determines what value the connector will retrieve from Square. It should be formatted as a SQL query against the Square tables.
|Select||Retrieves data from Square and brings it into Arc.
You can use the Filter panel to add filters to the Select. These filters function similarly to WHERE clauses in SQL.
|Execute Stored Procedures||Treats data coming into the connector as input for a stored procedure, and then passes the result down the flow.
You can click the Show Sample Data button to provide sample inputs to the selected Stored Procedure and preview the results.