Tally Connector Setup
Tally Connector Setup
The Tally connector allows you to integrate Tally into your data flow by pushing or pulling data from Tally. Follow the steps below to connect CData Arc to Tally.
Establish a Connection
To allow Arc to use data from Tally, you must first establish a connection to Tally. There are two ways to establish this connection:
- Add a Tally connector to your flow. Then, in the settings pane, click Create next to the Connection drop-down list.
- Open the Arc Settings page, then open the Connections tab. Click Add, select Tally, and click Next.
- The login process is only required the first time the connection is created.
- Connections to Tally can be re-used across multiple Tally connectors.
Enter Connection Settings
After opening a new connection dialogue, follow these steps:
Provide the requested information:
- Name — The static name of the connection. Set this as desired.
- Type — This is always set to Tally.
- URL — The URL of the Tally server.
If needed, click Advanced to open the drop-down menu of advanced connection settings. These should not be needed in most cases.
Click Test Connection to ensure that Arc can connect to Tally with the provided information. If an error occurs, check all fields and try again.
Click Add Connection to finalize the connection.
In the Connection drop-down list of the connector configuration pane, select the newly-created connection.
Click Save Changes.
Select an Action
After establishing a connection to Tally, you must choose the action that the Tally connector will perform. The table below outlines each action and where it belongs in an Arc flow.
|Action||Description||Position in Flow|
|Lookup||Retrieves a value from Tally and inserts that value into an already-existing Arc message in the flow.
The Lookup Query determines what value the connector will retrieve from Tally. It should be formatted as a SQL query against the Tally tables.
|Select||Retrieves data from Tally and brings it into Arc.
You can use the Filter panel to add filters to the Select. These filters function similarly to WHERE clauses in SQL.
|Execute Stored Procedures||Treats data coming into the connector as input for a stored procedure, and then passes the result down the flow.
You can click the Show Sample Data button to provide sample inputs to the selected Stored Procedure and preview the results.
|Export Report||Retrieves a report from Tally and places it in the Receive folder of the connector.||Beginning or Middle|