Batch Create Connector
Batch Create Connector
In CData Arc, data travels through flows as Messages that consist of a body and metadata headers. For example, if one connector passes a file to another, the file is transmitted as a Message that contains the file in the body and metadata about the file and associated connectors as headers. Messages can be grouped together in Batch Groups, which allow multiple messages to travel together as a single unit. Some uses for Batch Groups include moving data between systems and processing multiple purchase orders at once. When a Message is part of a Batch Group, it is referred to as a Batch Message.
The Batch Create connector produces Batch Groups based on Messages that arrive in the Send folder (the Input tab of the connector settings pane). When a Batch Group is created, it is passed down the flow through the Output tab, where it can be processed by other connectors as needed.
Note: The Batch Create connector can only accept individual messages as inputs. If the connector receives an existing Batch Group as an input, it throws an error message.
Configuring Batching Settings
In the connector configuration pane, the Advanced Settings section contains the options outlined below.
Correlation Id Header
If you enter a header name in this field, the connector looks for headers that match the name you enter, and then it groups messages according to the values they have assigned to that header. For example, the following table displays six incoming messages:
If you entered Batch-Correlation-Id in the Correlation Id Header field, the connector would create three Batch Groups of these messages:
- The first batch group would contain the messages with MessageId 1 and 2, since they both have the value
001for the Batch-Correlation-Id header.
- Similarly, the second batch group would contain messages with MessageId 3 and 4, since they both have the value
002for the header.
- The third batch group would contain messages 5 and 6, since neither of them has the Batch-Correlation-Id header.
Max Batch Size
Specifies the maximum number of messages to include in a Batch Group. Any messages in excess of this number will wait until the next sending interval. For example, if this is set to 5, and seven messages arrive in the send folder, the connector creates one Batch Group of five messages and adds the final two to the next scheduled Batch Group.
Min Batch Size
Specifies the minimum number of messages that must be present to create a Batch Group. For example, if this is set to 5, and three messages arrive in the Send folder, the connector will not create a Batch Group from those messages (even if the specified sending interval passes) until at least two more messages arrive.
In the Automation tab of the connector configuration pane, the Automation Settings section contains the following controls for how the connector creates and sends Batch Groups:
- Enable automation—if this is selected, the connector automatically creates Batch Groups following the settings below. If this is cleared, the connector does not create Batch Groups until you manually trigger it.
- Send—if selected, the connector automatically creates Batch Groups from messages as soon as they arrive in the Send folder (Input tab) as long as other set criteria are met.
- Scheduled Send—if selected, the connector uses a scheduled interval to create Batch Groups from messages that arrive in the Send folder. If you select this option, set Send Interval to the desired value and configure the extra fields that appear for your selection.