Connecting to Data
After Installing the Connector and Creating the Data Source Name, you can connect to the data that you want to work with. After connecting to the data, you can edit or load the data to start building reports.
Connect to the Data
Complete the following steps to connect to the data:
- Click Get Data.
- Accept the warning to connect to a third-party service.
- Select All > CData FTP in the Data Source Name menu.
- Select Connect.
- Enter the Data Source Name, Advanced Connection Properties (optional), and Advanced Options (optional).
- Select a data connectivity mode and click OK. See Direct Query for more information on each mode.
- Select Import to import a copy of the data into your project. You can refresh this data on demand.
- Select DirectQuery to work with the remote data.
- In the Navigator window, expand the CData PBI FTP Sys folder, then expand the associated schema folder to see a list of available data (tables, stored procedures, or views).
- Select the box next to the data that you want to work with.
- Select Load or Edit. See the next section for more information on these options.
Load or Edit the Data
After connecting to the data, load or edit the data, as described below.
- When you click Load, the connector executes the underlying query to FTP.
- When you click Edit, the Query Editor launches and a representative view of the table is presented. You can use the Query Editor to adjust the query and query results before you load the data. Right-click a column header to perform actions like the following:
- Rename columns or tables
- Change text to numbers
- Remove rows
- Set the first row as headers
Advanced Connection Properties (optional)
This field allows you to specify properties for the connection. For example, PropertyA=Value1;PropertyB=Value2;