Installing the Connector
The CData Power BI Connector for FTP includes comprehensive high-performance data access, real-time integration, extensive metadata discovery, and robust SQL-92 support.
Install the Connector
Complete the following steps to install the connector:
- Download and run the CData setup.
- You may encounter the error "This setup could not copy important connector files to C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors."
- This usually occurs because the Windows account used to install the connector doesn't have permission to write to the "Custom Connectors" folder.
- To resolve this, navigate to C:\Program Files\CData\CData Power BI Connector for FTP and copy the CData.FTP.pqx file to the "Custom Connectors" folder.
- Setup prompts you to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable. Proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
The installation process creates a user data source name (DSN) called CData FTP Source and a system DSN called CData PBI FTP Sys. A DSN is the name that applications use to request a connection to a data source.