Establishing a Connection
Connecting with the SAP ByDesign Connection Manager
Adding a new SAP ByDesign connection to the SSIS package is straightforward. Right-click within the Connection Manager window and select New Connection from the menu. Then, choose the SAP ByDesign Connection Manager from the Add SSIS Connection Manager window.
Alternatively, you can create a new connection directly using the SAP ByDesign Source or the SAP ByDesign Destination. You can set the connection properties in the SAP ByDesign Connection Manager window.
This section documents how to provide authentication for your account type and then connect.
Authenticate a SAPByDesign Account
Set the following connection properties to connect to SAP ByDesign.
- Url: Set this to the Url of your SAP ByDesign site. For example, https://test.sapbydesign.com. If none of CustomService and AnalyticsService are specified, the URL must point to a valid data service. For example: https://test.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/cc_home_analytics.svc.
- User: Set this to the username of your account.
- Password: Set this to the password of your account.
- CustomService or AnalyticsService: Only none or one of these must be specified. If you have a custom service you want to retrieve data from, specify CustomService. If you want to retrieve the reports of a analytical service, specify AnalyticsService.
If neither is specified, the DataSources from the specified URL will be retrieved. If you're not sure what service to specify, you can always query the Services view to list available services.
Add a new custom ODATA service
- In the SAP ByDesign work center view, click on "Application and User Management".
- Select "OData Services".
- In the dropdown list, select "Custom OData Services".
- Now you should see a list of your current custom services. To add a new one click on "New".