Establishing a Connection
This section describes how to connect to SAP ByDesign from your AnyPoint Studio project. You can use wizards or the XML editor in AnyPoint Studio to define connection properties in a global element. Global elements can be reused across other building blocks in your project.
Create a Connection in the Visual Editor
Complete the following steps to visually add the connector to your project and create a connection:
- Create a new Mule Project in Anypoint Studio.
- From the palette, drag the connector into your Mule flow.
- On the Message Flow canvas, double-click the connector icon to open the connector properties in the Properties pane.
- In the General section, click Add and define the SAP ByDesign connection properties. Note that the user name and Password properties always appear here. The user name must be set as it is used as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
Create a Connection in the XML Editor
Set connection properties in the <cdata-sapbydesign:config> element in the root of the project's XML.
Note: The user name attribute must always be included here and serves as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
<cdata-sapbydesign:config name="CData_SAPByDesign_Configuration" username="MyName" connectionProperty1="MyProperty" ... doc:name="CData SAPByDesign: Configuration"/>
This section documents how to provide authentication for your account type and then connect.
Authenticate a SAPByDesign Account
Set the following connection properties to connect to SAP ByDesign.
- Url: Set this to the Url of your SAP ByDesign site. For example, https://test.sapbydesign.com. If none of CustomService and AnalyticsService are specified, the URL must point to a valid data service. For example: https://test.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/cc_home_analytics.svc.
- User: Set this to the username of your account.
- Password: Set this to the password of your account.
- CustomService or AnalyticsService: Only none or one of these must be specified. If you have a custom service you want to retrieve data from, specify CustomService. If you want to retrieve the reports of a analytical service, specify AnalyticsService.
If neither is specified, the DataSources from the specified URL will be retrieved. If you're not sure what service to specify, you can always query the Services view to list available services.
Add a new custom ODATA service
- In the SAP ByDesign work center view, click on "Application and User Management".
- Select "OData Services".
- In the dropdown list, select "Custom OData Services".
- Now you should see a list of your current custom services. To add a new one click on "New".
Configure Connector Operations
The connector is an operation-based connector; its operations correspond to SQL statements and expose other functionality such as Schema Discovery. See Using the Connector (Mule 3.8+) for more information on executing SQL to SAP ByDesign in Mule applications.