Establishing a Connection
To access SAP ByDesign data in BizTalk, you need to configure the adapter and then configure the connection.
Configure the SAP ByDesign Adapter
You can configure the adapter in the properties for the receive location or send port: Select the adapter in the Type menu, and then click Configure. You can then specify receive or transmit properties in the Transport Properties dialog that is displayed.
See Adapter Configuration for guides to configure the adapter for receive locations and send ports.
Configure the Connection
After you configure the adapter, you need to configure connection properties. In the Transport Properties dialog, click the button in the Connection String box. You can set connection properties in the dialog that is displayed.
This section documents how to provide authentication for your account type and then connect.
Authenticate a SAPByDesign Account
Set the following connection properties to connect to SAP ByDesign.
- Url: Set this to the Url of your SAP ByDesign site. For example, https://test.sapbydesign.com. If none of CustomService and AnalyticsService are specified, the URL must point to a valid data service. For example: https://test.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/cc_home_analytics.svc.
- User: Set this to the username of your account.
- Password: Set this to the password of your account.
- CustomService or AnalyticsService: Only none or one of these must be specified. If you have a custom service you want to retrieve data from, specify CustomService. If you want to retrieve the reports of a analytical service, specify AnalyticsService.
If neither is specified, the DataSources from the specified URL will be retrieved. If you're not sure what service to specify, you can always query the Services view to list available services.
Add a new custom ODATA service
- In the SAP ByDesign work center view, click on "Application and User Management".
- Select "OData Services".
- In the dropdown list, select "Custom OData Services".
- Now you should see a list of your current custom services. To add a new one click on "New".