Establishing a Connection
To access Dataflex data in BizTalk, you need to configure the adapter and then configure the connection.
Configure the Dataflex Adapter
You can configure the adapter in the properties for the receive location or send port: Select the adapter in the Type menu, and then click Configure. You can then specify receive or transmit properties in the Transport Properties dialog that is displayed.
See Adapter Configuration for guides to configure the adapter for receive locations and send ports.
Configure the Connection
After you configure the adapter, you need to configure connection properties. In the Transport Properties dialog, click the button in the Connection String box. You can set connection properties in the dialog that is displayed.
Authenticate via OAuth Authentication
You can connect without setting any connection properties for your user credentials. Below are the minimum connection properties required to connect.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- OrganizationUrl: Set this to the organization URL you are connecting to, such as https://[organization].crm.dynamics.com.
- Tenant (optional): Set this if you wish to authenticate to a different tenant than your default. This is required to work with an organization not on your default Tenant.
When you connect the adapter opens the Dataflex OAuth endpoint in your default browser. Log in and grant permissions to the adapter. The adapter then completes the OAuth process.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Obtains a new access token when the old one expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.
See Using OAuth Authentication for other OAuth authentication flows, such as authenticating a headless machine.