You can use a custom OAuth app to authenticate with a service account or a user account. See Using OAuth Authentication for more information.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth App
Get the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the client Id assigned when you registered your app. You can find it by visiting trello.com/app-key under API Key
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the client secret assigned when you registered your app. You can find it by visiting trello.com/app-key scrolling to the bottom
- CallbackURL: Set this to a localhost callback such as http://localhost:33333. If left empty, the CData ADO.NET Provider for Trello will default to http://localhost:33333.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.
Web Authentication with a Custom OAuth App
When connecting via a Web application, you need to register a custom OAuth app with Trello. You can then use the provider to get and manage the OAuth token values.
Get an OAuth Access Token
Set the following connection properties to obtain the OAuthAccessToken and OAuthAccessTokenSecret:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Client Id in your app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Client Secret in your app settings.
You can then call stored procedures to complete the OAuth exchange:
- Call the GetOAuthAuthorizationURL stored procedure. Set the CallbackURL input to the endpoint you would like Trello to return information to. Set the Name input to the name of your application. The stored procedure returns the URL to the OAuth endpoint and the AuthToken and AuthKey required to get the access token.
- Log in and authorize the application. You are redirected back to the callback URL.
- Call the GetOAuthAccessToken stored procedure. Set the AuthToken and AuthKey to the values you got from GetOAuthAuthorizationURL. Set the AuthMode to APP. Set the Verifier input to the "oauth_verifier" parameter in the query string of the callback URL.