When to Use a Custom OAuth AppYou might want to create a custom OAuth app to change the information displayed when users log into MYOB to grant permissions to the adapter.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App for more information.
Get and Refresh the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the client Id assigned when you registered your app.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the client secret assigned when you registered your app.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the redirect URI defined when you registered your app.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- CompanyFileId: You can find this by starting MYOB, opening your data file on the application UI and selecting Help -> About MYOB.
- User: Set this to the username associated with your company file.
- Password: Set this to the password associated with your company file.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Refreshes the access token when it expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.