- Added the Default column to the sys_procedureparameters table.
- Added the IsPath column to the sys_procedureparameters table.
- Added support for bulk insert, update, and delete operations.
- Modified metadata for custom date fields to report data type as date
- Modified metadata for numeric fields to report data type as long when precision is zero.
- We now support handling the keyword "COLLATE" as standard function name as well.
- Added IsImportant, Format, TextValue, NumberValue, Precision, CurrencyCode, EnumOptions, CreatedBy, CreatedByName, IsGlobaltoWorkspace and HasNotificationsEnabled columns to CustomFields view.
- Added FileData output attribute and Encoding input attribute to print the response in the DownloadAttachment Stored procedure.
- Added Content and Name input attribute to add stream input in the UploadAttachment stored procedure.
- Removed support for VS2010.
- Removed support for .NET 2.0.
- Added Embedded OAuth support to the Driver.
- Removed support for EFCore 3.0 and EFCore5.0.
- Added ProjectTemplates view
- Added support for the STRING_SPLIT table-valued function in the CROSS APPLY clause.
- Added the KeySeq column to the sys_foreignkeys table.
- Added the new sys_primarykeys system table.
- Updated the Literal Function Names for relative date/datetime functions. Previously relative date/datetime functions resolved to a different value when used in the projection vs te predicate. Ie: SELECT LAST_MONTH() AS lm, Col FROM Table WHERE Col > LAST_MONTH(). Formerly the two LAST_MONTH() methods would resolve to different datetimes. Now they will match.
- As a replacement for the previous behavior, the relative date/datetime functions in the criteria may have an 'L' appended to them. Ie: WHERE col > L_LAST_MONTH(). This will continue to resolve to the same values that previously were calculated in the criteria. Note that the "L_" prefix will only work in the predicate - it not available for the projection.
- Added the TCP Logging Module for the logging information happening on the TCP wire protocol. The transport bytes that are incoming and ongoing will be logged at verbosity=5.
- Add support for the DbCommand.CommandTimeout property.
- Removed support for SSRS 2008.
- Added support for handling client side formulas during insert / update. For example: UPDATE Table SET Col1 = Concat(Col1, " - ", Col2) WHERE Col2 LIKE 'A%'
- Updated how display sizes are determined for varchar primary key and foreign key columns so they will match the reported length of the column.
- Separated the ADO.NET Provider assembly and Entity Framework Core 5 Nuget packages.
- Single precision floating point numbers are now reported as with the Data Type Name as "real". Double precision floating point numbers now have their Data Type Name reported as "float". This change does not impact the actual data types of these columns - only the reported data type name.
- Separate EFCore 3.0, 3.1 and EFCore 5 dlls are now shipped with the driver. The 2.0 and 2.1 EFCore dlls are removed.
- Non-conditional updates between two columns is now available to all drivers. For example: UPDATE Table SET Col1=Col2
- Reduced the length to 255 for varchar primary key and foreign key columns.
- Updated implicit and metadata caching to improve performance and support for multiple connections. Old metadata caches are not compatible - you would need to generate new metadata caches if you are currently using CacheMetadata.
- Updated index naming convention to avoid duplicates
- Updated and standardized Getting Started connection help.
- Added the Advanced Features section to the help of all drivers.
- Categorized connection property listings in the help for all editions.
- Kerberos authentication is updated to use TCP by default, but will fall back to UDP if a TCP connection cannot be established