Establishing a Connection
This section describes how to connect to Asana from your AnyPoint Studio project. You can use wizards or the XML editor in AnyPoint Studio to define connection properties in a global element. Global elements can be reused across other building blocks in your project.
Create a Connection in the Visual Editor
Complete the following steps to visually add the connector to your project and create a connection:
- Create a new Mule Project in Anypoint Studio.
- From the palette, drag the connector into your Mule flow.
- On the Message Flow canvas, double-click the connector icon to open the connector properties in the Properties pane.
- In the General section, click Add and define the Asana connection properties. Note that the user name and Password properties always appear here. The user name must be set as it is used as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
Create a Connection in the XML Editor
Set connection properties in the <cdata-asana:config> element in the root of the project's XML.
Note: The user name attribute must always be included here and serves as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
<cdata-asana:config name="CData_Asana_Configuration" username="MyName" connectionProperty1="MyProperty" ... doc:name="CData Asana: Configuration"/>
Connecting to Asana
You can optionally set the following to refine the data returned from Asana.
- WorkspaceId: Set this to the globally unique identifier (gid) associated with your Asana Workspace to only return projects from the specified workspace. To get your workspace id, navigate to https://app.asana.com/api/1.0/workspaces while logged into Asana. This displays a JSON object containing your workspace name and Id.
- ProjectId: Set this to the globally unique identifier (gid) associated with your Asana Project to only return data mapped under the specified project. Project IDs can be found in the URL of your project's Overview page. This will be the numbers directly after /0/.
Connect Using OAuth Authentication
You must use OAuth to authenticate with Asana. OAuth requires the authenticating user to interact with Asana using the browser. For more information, refer to Using OAuth Authentication.
Configure Connector Operations
The connector is an operation-based connector; its operations correspond to SQL statements and expose other functionality such as Schema Discovery. See Using the Connector (Mule 3.8+) for more information on executing SQL to Asana in Mule applications.