Creating a Custom OAuth App
If you do not have access to the user name and API token or do not wish to require them, you can use OAuth authentication. Confluence uses the OAuth authentication standard, which requires the authenticating user to interact with Confluence via the browser. Please note OAuth 2.0 only is supported for Confluence Cloud.
Create an OAuth App
To obtain the OAuth client credentials, consumer key, and consumer secret:
- Log in to your Confluence Cloud site.
- Navigate to your application management (https://developer.atlassian.com/apps/).
- Select Create new app, then name the application. The application is created.
- If missing, add OAuth 2.0 functionality to your application by navigating to APIS AND FEATURES > + Add > Add OAuth 2.0 (3LO).
- From APIS AND FEATURES > + Add, add the Confluence platform REST API to your application. Please note that you also need to add the Confluence application to get all of the functionalities of the driver.
- From APIS AND FEATURES > + Confluence platform REST API, add the desired scopes to your application.
- You also need to set your Callback URL. Navigate to APIS AND FEATURES > OAuth 2.0 (3LO). Enter a URL that is accessible to your applicationand save the changes.