When to Use a Custom OAuth App
Creating a custom OAuth app is required in order to connect.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App.
Get and Refresh the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Integrator Key assigned when you registered your app.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Secret Key assigned when you registered your app.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the redirect URI defined when you registered your app.
- UseSandbox: This is false by default. Set to true if you are using sandbox account.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Refreshes the access token when it expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.