Establishing a Connection
Connecting with the UPS Connection Manager
Adding a new UPS connection to the SSIS package is straightforward. Right-click within the Connection Manager window and select New Connection from the menu. Then, choose the UPS Connection Manager from the Add SSIS Connection Manager window.
Alternatively, you can create a new connection directly using the UPS Source or the UPS Destination. You can set the connection properties in the UPS Connection Manager window.
The CData SSIS Components for UPS uses five pieces of information in order to authenticate its actions with the UPS service.
- Server: This controls the URL where the requests should be sent. Common testing options for this are: "https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml", and "https://wwwcie.ups.com/webservices"
- AccessKey: This is an identifier that is required to connect to a UPS Server. This value will be provided to you by UPS after registration.
- UserId: This value is used for logging into UPS. This value is the one you chose to login with when registering for service with UPS.
- Password: This value is used for logging into UPS. This value is the one you chose to login with when registering for service with UPS.
- AccountNumber: This is a valid 6-digit or 10-digit UPS account number.
- PrintLabelLocation: This property is required to use the GenerateLabels or GenerateReturnLabels stored procedures. This should be set to the folder location where generated labels should be stored.
The Cache Database
Many of the useful task available from UPS require a lot of data. To ensure this data is easy to input and recall later, the CData SSIS Components for UPS utilizes a cache database to make these requests. You must set the cache connection properties in order to use the CData SSIS Components for UPS:
- CacheLocation: The path to the cache location, for which a connection will be configured with the default cache provider. For example, C:\users\username\documents\upscache
As an alternative to CacheLocation, set the combination of CacheConnection and CacheProvider to configure a cache connection using a provider separate from the default.