Updating your Custom OAuth App
Prior to using the app that you have previously created to configure the Azure AD Authentication Provider for your Veeva Vault data source, you would need to update it to include a redirect url. This way, the adapter can retrieve the verifier code from the opened browser tab and complete the flow. To do this and to obtain the OAuth values for your app, the OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret, you can follow the steps as below.
Steps to update your Custom OAuth App
Follow the steps below to add a redirect url and to obtain the OAuth values for your app, the OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret.
- Log in to https://portal.azure.com.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, select Azure Active Directory, then App Registrations and click on the app you have previously created to configure the Azure AD Authentication Provider.
- From the Overview section, you can copy the Application (client) Id which corresponds to the OAuthClientId property.
- In the Certificates & Secrets section, you can optionally define a new app authentication type or use the already existing one. There are two types of authentication
available: using a client secret and using a certificate.
The recommended authentication method is via a certificate, but you can also create an application secret.
- Option 1 - Upload a certificate: In the Certificates & Secrets section, select Upload certificate and select the certificate to upload from your local machine.
- Option 2 - Create a new application secret: In the Certificates & Secrets section, select New Client Secret for the app and select its duration. After saving the client secret, the key value is displayed. Copy this value as it is displayed only once, and it is used as the OAuthClientSecret.
- In the Authentication section, under the Redirect URIs of the existing Web platform, you can add a new redirect url to something such as http://localhost:33333, the adapter's default. Or, set a different port of your choice and set CallbackURL to the exact reply URL you defined.
- Save your changes.