Configuring a Connection
The connector comes with a connection builder which allows you to build and test your connection settings outside of Tableau. It also allows you to create a connection string, which can be used to provide options not listed in the connection dialog in Tableau.
Configuring a Connection Builder
There are two ways to access the connection builder:
- On Windows, there will be a shortcut called Connection Builder in the start menu, under the CData Veeva Vault Tableau Data Connector folder.
- The connection builder can also be started by going to the driver install directory (by default, C:/Program Files/CData/CData Tableau Connector for Veeva Vault and running the .jar file in the lib directory.
In the connection builder, you can set values for connection properties and click the Test Connection button to validate that they work. You can also use the Copy to Clipboard button to save the connection string for use with Tableau.
Connecting to Veeva Vault
The provider supports only basic authentication. You are ready to connect after specifying the following connection properties:
- Url: The host you see in the Url after you login to your account.
- User: The username you use to login to your account.
- Password: The password you use to login to your account.
See Getting Data for the next step, which includes authenticating to the Veeva Vault APIs.