Creating the Data Source Name
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to SFTP APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
The CData Power BI Connector for SFTP allows connecting to SFTP servers.
Connecting to an SFTP Server
SFTP can be used to transfer files to and from SFTP servers using the SFTP Protocol. To connect, specify the RemoteHost. SFTP uses the User and Password and public key authentication (SSHClientCert). Choose an SSHAuthMode and specify connection values based on your selection.
Connecting to Data
Set the following connection properties to control the relational view of the file system:
- RemotePath: Set this to the current working directory.
- TableDepth: Set this to control the depth of subfolders to report as views.
- FileRetrievalDepth: Set this to retrieve files recursively and list them in the Root table.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.