This section provides a reference to ODBC compliance and a walk-through to writing ODBC data access code to SQL Server in C/C++.
Connecting from C/C++
Use ODBC functions to execute SQL to SQL Server:
- See Querying Data to execute SELECT statements and iterate over the results.
- See Updating Data to execute other SQL data manipulation statements.
- See Parameterized Statements to execute parameterized statements. Parameterized statements provide a means to efficiently execute queries more than once and to mitigate SQL injection attacks.
- See Batch Processing to take advantage of the bulk processing functionality in SQL Server.
- See Discovering Schemas to obtain schema information, such as the available tables, columns, keys, and types.
Executing Stored Procedures
See Executing Stored Procedures to execute stored procedures as SQL statements.