The scheme used for authenticating to SharePoint. For On-Premise instances, accepted entries are NTLM, Basic, Digest, Forms, None, and Negotiate. NTLM is the default. For Sharepoint Online, the only accepted entry is OAuth.
If authenticating to Sharepoint On-Premise instance, together with Password and User, this field is used to authenticate against the server. NTLM is the default option. Use the following options to select your authentication scheme:
- NTLM: Set this to use your Windows credentials for authentication.
- Negotiate: If AuthScheme is set to Negotiate, the driver will Negotiate an authentication mechanism with the server. Set AuthScheme to Negotiate if you want to use Kerberos authentication.
- None: Set this to use anonymous authentication; for example, to access a public site.
- Forms: Set this if your SharePoint instance uses a custom authentication method through a Web form.
- Digest: Set this to use HTTP Digest authentication.
- Basic: Set this to use HTTP Basic authentication.
- AzureMSI: Set this to automatically obtain Managed Service Identity credentials when running on an Azure VM.
- AzureAD: Set this to perform Azure Active Directory OAuth authentication.
If authenticating to Sharepoint Online, set AuthScheme to OAuth.