Define New Tables
The add-in allows you to easily define new tables without the need for custom SQL.
Defining Custom Tables
While the add-in supports the explicit creation of custom tables via stored procedures executed in custom SQL queries (such as CreateReportSchema), the add-in also supports a more graphical, streamlined approach.
This is done using the add-in's Define New Table functionality. You can define a custom table as follows:
- Navigate to the CData ribbon and select From QuickBooks.
- In the Table Or View dropdown, select Define New Table. You may need to scroll up slightly to see this.
- A 'Define New Table' window will appear. Use the Table Schema Type dropdown to select the table type you want to generate.
- Configure the parameters to customize your table, then click the Create button to generate the table.
- You can then find your new table in the 'Table or View' dropdown.