The Users tab provides an interface to add, edit, and delete users. At least one user must be added before communicating with QuickBooks.
This tab displays a list of existing users along with information about the user's configuration.
When adding or editing a user, the following options are available:
- User: Sets the username. This is required.
- Password: Sets the password for the user. This is required when using Basic authentication (default).
- Company File: Specifies the company file with which the application will communicate. By default this is the company file that is currently open in QuickBooks. This can also be set to the absolute path to a company file (.qbw file). A company file must be specified in order to access the company file when QuickBooks is closed.
- Authentication: Specifies the type of authentication to perform when the user connects. The Remote Connector supports the following authentication methods:
Basic Authentication (default): Authenticates the user with a username and password. Windows Authentication: Authenticates the user as a Windows user. In this case the Password field is not applicable. When the Remote Connector receives a connection request, it will authenticate the user to Windows using the credentials supplied in the request.
- Application Name: Optionally sets the name of the application as seen by QuickBooks. Authentication to QuickBooks is handled based on the provided application name.
- Data Access: Specifies the allowed access for the user.
Full: Allows read and write access for the user. Read-only: Restricts the user to read-only operations. QuickBooks data cannot be modified.
The Test Connection button provides a quick way to verify the application can connect with QuickBooks.
When a user is added the Remote Connector will prompt you to authorize the application with QuickBooks if necessary.