Publish a Dataset
Publish a Dataset with Neo4j Data
Make sure that you have configured a system DSN associated with the connector and that the DSN succeeds when testing its connection. If you do not have a successfully configured system DSN, see Creating the Data Source Name for configuration help.
Then, create and publish a dataset as follows:
- Open Power BI Desktop.
- In the Home ribbon, navigate to Get Data > Other.
- Scroll down the Other list until you find CData Neo4j.
- Click CData Neo4j, then click Connect. PowerBI Gateway displays the CData Neo4j: Connector window.
- In Data Source Name, specify the name of a Neo4j system DSN (the default system DSN is called "CData PBI Neo4j Sys"), then select Import mode and click OK. PowerBI Gateway displays the Navigator window. In the left pane are directories of available tables in the selected data source.
- Click the folders to open them, then select your desired tables using the checkboxes beside their names.
- Click Load. The selected data appears in the Data pane, at right.
- Create a visualization.
- When you are ready to publish, return to the Home ribbon.
- Click Publish.
- Sign in to your Power BI account, if prompted.
- Name and save the .pbix file for the dataset. The chosen dataset name will be reflected on powerbi.com.
- If prompted, sign in with the Power BI account associated with your Power BI Gateway installation.
- Select the workspace you would like to publish the dataset to and click Select. Wait for the publication process to complete.