Connect from MySQL Workbench
Clients like MySQL Workbench can connect to AlloyDB ODBC data sources as virtual MySQL databases. This section describes how to configure ODBC remoting as a virtual MySQL database in MySQL Workbench.
Configure SQL GatewayTo create a virtual MySQL database in the SQL Gateway administration tool:
- Configure and start the proxying service on the Services tab.
- Configure database users on the Users tab.
- If you need to connect over TLS/SSL, configure it on the Other tab.
- Access services hosted behind a firewall by configuring Tunneling.
Connect to the Database
- In the main menu, select Database > Connect to Database.
- Name the connection. A new dialog displays.
- Complete the fields of the dialog:
- Hostname and Port: The hostname and port of the service. If you are connecting through Tunneling, provide the mapped IP/Port of the tunnel.
- Username: The username of a user account you created in the SQL Gateway.