Desktop Authentication with your OAuth App
Follow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App for instructions on how to create a custom oauth application.
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the App ID (Client ID) from your key set.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Cert ID (Client Secret) from your key set.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- RuName: Set this to the Redirect URL name of the OAuth App in the 'Application access' section.
- (Optional) CallbackURL: Set this to a local Redirect URL (ex. http://localhost:33333) in case your OAuth App's auth accepted URL is set to https://oauth.cdata.com/oauth/ or to the actual one in case you are using another redirect URL.
- (Optional) UseSandbox: Set this to True if you are connecting to the Sandbox environment.
When you connect, the adapter opens the OAuth or Auth and Auth endpoint in your default browser. Log in and grant permissions to the application. The adapter then completes the OAuth process:
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Obtains a new access token when the old one expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.