Establishing a Connection
You can create and manage connections with the Data Explorer and the FireDAC Connection Editor wizards. See Connection Definitions for more information on creating connections from code and creating persistent, private, or temporary connections.
Authenticating to eBay Analytics
You can authenticate to the eBay Analytics only via the OAuth 2 authentication method. The eBay Analytics API requires an access token created with the authorization code grant flow to authorize the requests.
You can follow the guide on Using OAuth Authentication for a step by step guide on how to authenticate using the OAuth 2 protocol.
Using the FireDAC Connection Editor
Complete the following steps to use the FireDAC Connection Editor to assign a eBay Analytics connection to a TFDConnection object:
- Open a project and drop a TFDPhysCDataEbayAnalyticsDriverLink from the Tool Palette onto the Form Designer.
- Drop a TFDConnection object onto the Form Designer.
- Double-click the TFDConnection and select CDataEbayAnalytics in the Driver Id menu.
- Define the necessary connection properties.
- To execute ad-hoc SQL statements based on this connection, enter SQL commands on the SQL Script tab.
- In the Form Designer, select the TFDConnection object and set the Connected property to true.
Using the Data Explorer
Complete the following steps to use the Data Explorer to define persistent connections that can be shared across applications and projects:
- Click View > Tool Windows > Data Explorer in RAD Studio and expand the FireDAC node.
- Right-click the CData eBay Analytics Data Source node and click Add New Connection.
- Enter a name for the connection. The FireDAC Connection Editor opens.
Working with Persistent Connections
The connections you define in the Data Explorer can be assigned to a TFDConnection object by specifying the connection name in the TFDConnection object's ConnectionDefName property.
Browsing Data and Metadata
The Data Explorer also provides options for browsing eBay Analytics objects at design time:
- Expand the CData eBay Analytics Data Source node in the Data Explorer to view the defined connections.
- Expand a connection node to find the database objects available for a connection.
- Drill down to a database object to find metadata such as primary keys.
- To display data, double-click a table or view or right-click and click View.