Establishing a Connection
To access EnterpriseDB data in BizTalk, you need to configure the adapter and then configure the connection.
Configure the EnterpriseDB Adapter
You can configure the adapter in the properties for the receive location or send port: Select the adapter in the Type menu, and then click Configure. You can then specify receive or transmit properties in the Transport Properties dialog that is displayed.
See Adapter Configuration for guides to configure the adapter for receive locations and send ports.
Configure the Connection
After you configure the adapter, you need to configure connection properties. In the Transport Properties dialog, click the button in the Connection String box. You can set connection properties in the dialog that is displayed.
Connecting to EnterpriseDB
The following connection properties are required in order to connect to data.
- User: The user which will be used to authenticate with the EnterpriseDB server.
- Password: The password which will be used to authenticate with the EnterpriseDB server.
- Server: The host name or IP of the server hosting the EnterpriseDB database.
- Port: The port of the server hosting the EnterpriseDB database.
You can also optionally set the following:
- Database: The default database to connect to when connecting to the EnterpriseDB Server. If this is not set, the user's default database will be used.