When To Create a Custom OAuth ApplicationCData embeds OAuth Application credentials with CData branding that can be used when connecting via a desktop application or headless application.
You may choose to use your own OAuth Application credentials when you want to
- control branding of the Authentication Dialog
- control the redirect URI that the application redirects the user to after the user authenticates
- customize the permissions that you are requesting from the user
Creating an OAuth App
Perform the following steps to generate an OAuth app and its associated credentials:
- Log in to your user account.
- Navigate to the OAuth app creation page.
- Click Register an OAuth integration.
- Give the OAuth application a descriptive name.
- Specify a callback URL, which can be any localhost URL (such as http://localhost:33333), in the OAuth redirect URL field.
- Under Scopes, specify the following scopes:
- Under Developer details, you can optionally specify a Client secret. While not required, generating a client secret can enhance security.
- Copy and save the Client ID and, if generated, the Client secret from the Developer details section. You will use these later in the OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret connection properties.
- Click Save changes.