Establishing a Connection
Configure a Connection Profile
From the CData ribbon, click Get Data and select From Airtable to launch the CData Query window. To setup your connection, you will have to click the Select button. Here you can set the connection settings, test the connection, and save the connection profile.
Connecting to Airtable
The Airtable data source only supports the simple token-based authentication method.
To establish a connection begin by locating your ApiKey. You can find this by logging into your Airtable account and navigating to the API section. Then, click Generate API key.
From the same API section, identify your BaseId. Click on Airtable API, or navigate to https://airtable.com/api and select a base.
Supply the following to connect to data:
- ApiKey: Set this to your API key noted earlier.
- BaseId: Set this to your Base Id noted earlier. In the introduction section you can find "The ID of this base is appxxN2ftedc0nEG7."
- TableNames: A comma separated list of table names for the selected base. These are the same names of tables as found in the UI.
You may also optionally specify the following to further refine data access:
- ViewNames: A comma separated list of views in the format TableA.ViewA,TableA.ViewB,..etc. These are the same names of the views as found in the UI.
Important note : '.' character is not suggested to be used for column names since it is used for bulding column names based on paths and may risk breaking INSERT/UPDATE statements. If you already have column names that contain '.' character, please set PathDelimiter connection property to a character that is not used in column names. PathDelimiter is equal to '.' by default.
- PathDelimiter: The character which will be used as delimiter for bulding column names based on paths.
Connection PropertiesThe Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.
Managing ConnectionsAfter successfully authenticating to Airtable you will be able to customize the data you are importing. To learn more about this, see Managing Connections.