Creating the Data Source Name
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to Zuora APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Authenticating to Zuora
Zuora uses the OAuth standard to authenticate users.
Configuring Tenant propertyIn order to create a valid connection with the provider you need to choose one of the Tenant values which matches your account configuration. The following is a list with the available options:
- USProduction: Requests sent to https://rest.zuora.com.
- USAPISandbox: Requests sent to https://rest.apisandbox.zuora.com"
- USPerformanceTest: Requests sent to https://rest.pt1.zuora.com"
- EUProduction: Requests sent to https://rest.eu.zuora.com"
- EUSandbox: Requests sent to https://rest.sandbox.eu.zuora.com"
By default we use USProduction tenant.
Selecting a Zuora ServiceWe utilize two Zuora services: Data Query and AQuA API. By default ZuoraService is set to AQuADataExport.
DataQueryThe Data Query feature enables you to export data from your Zuora tenant by performing asynchronous, read-only SQL queries. We recommend to use this service for quick lightweight SQL queries.
- The maximum number of input records per table after filters have been applied: 1,000,000
- The maximum number of output records: 100,000
- The maximum number of simultaneous queries submitted for execution per tenant: 5
- The maximum number of queued queries submitted for execution after reaching the limitation of simultaneous queries per tenant: 10
- The maximum processing time for each query in hours: 1
- The maximum size of memory allocated to each query in GB: 2
- The maximum number of indices when using Index Join, in other words, the maximum number of records being returned by the left table based on the unique value used in the WHERE clause when using Index Join: 20,000
AQuADataExportAQuA API export is designed to export all the records for all the objects ( tables ). AQuA query jobs have the following limitations:
- If a query in an AQuA job is executed longer than 8 hours, this job will be killed automatically.
- The killed AQuA job can be retried three times before returned as failed.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.