When to Use a Custom OAuth AppCreating a custom OAuth app is required to connect.
You might want to create a custom OAuth app to change the information displayed when users log into Twitter Ads to grant permissions to the connector.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App for more information.
Get and Refresh the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the client Id in your app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the secret in your app settings.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the OAuth Redirect URL that you specified to use your own OAuth app.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken connection property.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Refreshes the access token when it expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.