Establishing a Connection
Creating a JDBC Data Source
You can create a JDBC data source to connect from your Java application. Creating a JDBC data source based on the CData JDBC Driver for CockroachDB consists of three basic steps:
- Add the driver JAR file to the classpath. The JAR file is located in the lib subfolder of the installation directory. Note that the .lic file must be located in the same folder as the JAR file.
- Provide the driver class. For example:
- Provide the JDBC URL. For example:
jdbc:cockroachdb:User=root;Password=root;Database=system;Server=localhost;Port=26257 or jdbc:cdata:cockroachdb:User=root;Password=root;Database=system;Server=localhost;Port=26257
The second format above can be used whenever there is a conflict in your application between drivers using the same URL format to ensure you are using the CData driver. The URL must start with either "jdbc:cockroachdb:" or "jdbc:cdata:cockroachdb:" and can include any of the connection properties in name-value pairs separated with semicolons.
Connecting to CockroachDB
Set the following to connect to data.
- Server: The host name or IP address of the server.
- Port: The port number of the CockroachDB server. If not specified, the default port is 26257.
- Database: The name of the Cockroach database. If not specified, the driver connects to the user's default database.
- User: The Cockroach DB user account used to authenticate.
- Password: The password used to authenticate the user.