Creating a Custom OAuth App
When to Create a Custom OAuth App
Creating a custom OAuth app is required in desktop applications.
Follow the steps below to create a custom OAuth app and obtain the connection properties in a specific OAuth authentication flow.
Steps to Create a Custom OAuth App
Follow the steps below to obtain the OAuth values for your app, the OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret.
- Log in to your TSheets Account.
- Select the Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons menu from the left navigation pane.
- Afterwards, the API Add-On will be available from the Feature Add-ons section of the left navigation pane. Select the API Add-On and click Install.
- Select Add a new application at bottom left. If the following window is not displayed, you can select API from Feature Add-ons on the left navigation pane.
- Add a short name and a meaningful description. Set the Redirect URL to http://localhost:33333, the adapter's default. Or, set a different port of your choice and set CallbackURL to the exact reply URL you defined.
- Click Save and OAuth Client Id/ OAuth Client Secret will be generated for you.
- If you wish you can generate your access token and connect with InitiateOAuth set to OFF. To do so, click Add Token at bottom left. This step will generate a token for immediate use.