Creating a Custom OAuth App
To obtain an OAuthClientId, OAuthClientSecret, CallbackURL, and OrganizationId you first need to create an app linked to your Zoho Books account.
Create and Configure a Custom OAuth App
You will have to first register your application with Zoho's Developer console in order get your Client ID and Client Secret. You can create an app linked to your Zoho Books account as follows:
- To register your application, go to https://accounts.zoho.com/developerconsole.
- Click Add Client ID, specify an Client Name Client Domain.
- Fill the required details in the form.
- Set the Auth Callback URL to https://localhost:33333 or a different port of your choice.
- In Zoho Books, your business is termed as an organization. If you have multiple businesses, you simply set each of those up as an individual organization. Each organization is an independent Zoho Books Organization with its own organization ID, base currency, time zone, language, contacts, reports, etc
- The parameter organization_id along with the organization ID should be sent in with every API request to identify the organization.
- Click Organization Name, on the top right section. Inside that you can choose the Organization Id.
- If the value of Organization Id is not specified in the connection string, then we will make a call to get all the available organizations and will select the first organization Id as the default one.
- After completing the changes the browser will prompt you to save.
Once you are done with creating a new client, it will be displayed on your screen. From there, you can click More Options > Edit to reveal your newly created app's Client ID and Client Secret. You can now use these credentials to connect to Zoho Books by setting them as the following connection properties:
- OAuthClientId = Client Id
- OAuthClientSecret = Client Secret
- CallbackURL = Auth Callback URL