To properly set up a Xero Workflow Max application follow the instructions below.
Register an Application
To obtain the OAuth client credentials, the Client ID, and Client Secret follow these steps below:
- Go to your data source App Manager
- On top-right corner click New App.
- Select Web App.
- Add the redirect URL to OAuth 2.0 redirect URI field for ex: http://localhost:33333 which is our internal callback url.
- Fill the other form fields as desired.
- Click on Create App.
- Click Save and you will be redirected to the your new app page.
- Scroll to the bottom and you will find the Client ID.
- Click on Generate a secret to create your Client Secret.
Setting the right permissions
A new Staff Privilege has been added to control who has permission to connect your Account to 3rd Party Addons. Any Staff with Administrator Privileges can assign this new Privilege to themselves or other Administrators. Follow these steps below for each Staff member you want to be able to authorise connections to 3rd Party Addons.
- Go to your data source Staff Settings
- Search for the Staff Member that you would like to add this permission to and click on it.
- If the Staff does not have Administrator privilege under Admin Privileges, you will have to check the box and click Save. You will be redirected to the staff list where you will have to click on the staff member again.
- Scroll to the bottom under API Access Privileges, check the box on Authorise 3rd Party Full Access and click Save.
- Now the staff selected has access to the Xero Workflow Max V3 API