Establishing a Connection
Configure a Connection Profile
From the CData ribbon, click Get Data and select From Salesforce Pardot to launch the CData Query window. To setup your connection, you will have to click the Select button. Here you can set the connection settings, test the connection, and save the connection profile.
Connecting to Pardot
Connecting using OAuth2
Set the AuthScheme to OAuth to authenticate with this method.
Authenticating with OAuthJWT Certificate Authentication
Set the AuthScheme to OAuthJWT.
Authenticating with OAuthJWT
To obtain the OAuthJWT consumer key:
- Log in to Salesforce.com.
- From Setup, enter Apps in the Quick Find box and then click the link to create an app. In the Connected Apps section of the resulting page, click New.
- Enter a name to be displayed to users when they log in to grant permissions to your app, along with a contact Email address.
- Click Enable OAuth Settings and enter a value in the Callback URL box. Set this value only to create the Connected App as it is required. It will
not actually be needed for this type of authentication. The Callback URL is in the format:
- Enable Use digital signatures.
- Upload your certificate.
- Select the scope of permissions that your app should request from the user. At least the "pardot_api" and "api" scopes and/or "full" scope must be among the selected OAuth scopes.
- Click your app name to open a page with information about your app. The OAuth consumer key is displayed.
After creating your OAuth Application, set the following connection properties:
- AuthScheme: Set to OAuthJWT.
- InitiateOAuth: Set to GETANDREFRESH.
- OAuthJWTCert: Set this to the JWT Certificate store.
- OAuthJWTPassword: Set this to the Password of the JWT Certificate store.
- OAuthJWTIssuer: Set this to the OAuth Client ID.
- OAuthJWTCertType: Set this to the type of the certificate store specified by OAuthJWTCert.
Note: This flow never issues a refresh token.
Connection PropertiesThe Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.
Managing ConnectionsAfter successfully authenticating to Salesforce Pardot you will be able to customize the data you are importing. To learn more about this, see Managing Connections.