This section describes desktop authentication using the credentials for your custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App for more information.
Get an OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set to the Client ID in your app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set to the Client Secret in your app settings.
- CallbackURL: Set to the Redirect URL in your app settings.
- InitiateOAuth: Set to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Obtains a new access token when the old one expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.
Authenticating with OAuthJWT Certificate Authentication
Set the AuthScheme to OAuthJWT.
After creating your OAuth Application, set the following connection properties:
- AuthScheme: Set to OAuthJWT.
- InitiateOAuth: Set to GETANDREFRESH.
- OAuthJWTCert: Set this to the JWT Certificate store.
- OAuthJWTPassword: Set this to the Password of the JWT Certificate store.
- OAuthJWTIssuer: Set this to the OAuth Client ID.
- OAuthJWTCertType: Set this to the type of the certificate store specified by OAuthJWTCert.
Note: This flow never issues a refresh token.