Using the Destination Component
After Establishing a Connection to the data source, add the CData IBM Cloud Object Storage destination component to the workflow to load data into IBM Cloud Object Storage.
Writing to IBM Cloud Object Storage in a Data Flow
Follow the steps below to connect to IBM Cloud Object Storage and update data.
- In the SSIS Toolbox, drag the CData IBM Cloud Object Storage destination component into the Data Flow Task.
- Connect the output of a source component to the CData IBM Cloud Object Storage destination component.
- Double-click the CData IBM Cloud Object Storage destination component. The CData IBM Cloud Object Storage Destination Editor dialog will display.
- In the Connection Managers menu, select an available CData IBM Cloud Object Storage connection manager, or create a new instance if one is not already available.
- In the "Use a Table" option, select the table to update.
- Select the data manipulation action. See below for more information on each action.
- On the Mappings tab, configure the mappings from source to destination. By default, outputs from the source component will automatically be mapped with the same name as the columns in the table you selected. You can further update these selections.
Note: Read-only columns will not be visible among the destination columns since they cannot be written to.
When you execute the data flow, the component will execute one of the following operations to update the destination table.