Automatically caches the results of SELECT queries into a cache database specified by either CacheLocation or both of CacheConnection and CacheProvider .
When AutoCache = true, the provider automatically maintains a cache of your table's data in the database of your choice.
Setting the Caching Database
When AutoCache = true, the provider caches to a simple, file-based cache. You can configure its location or cache to a different database with the following properties:
- CacheLocation: Specifies the path to the file store.
- CacheProvider and CacheConnection: Specifies a driver to a database and the connection string.
- CacheMetadata: This property reduces the amount of metadata that crosses the network by persisting table schemas retrieved from the SAP BusinessObjects BI metadata. Metadata then needs to be retrieved only once instead of every connection.
- Explicitly Caching Data: This section provides more examples of using AutoCache in Offline mode.
- CACHE Statements: You can use the CACHE statement to persist any SELECT query, as well as manage the cache; for example, refreshing schemas.