Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App.
Get an OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Client Id from Sage.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Secret from Sage.
- Scope: Set this to the Scope from Sage. You can leave this unspecified and the following scopes will be requested: 'openid profile email offline_access'.
- CallbackURL: In case you've created a Web (Confidential) application set this to the Redirect URL requested from Sage. In case of a Desktop application, you can set this to http://localhost:33333 or a different port number of your choice.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Obtains a new access token when the old one expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.