Tableau Prep Builder
The connector supports Tableau Prep Builder 2020.4.1 or later. For earlier versions of Tableau Prep Builder, use either the CData ODBC Driver or JDBC Driver for Freshdesk instead.
Install the Connector
After the prerequisites are satisfied, complete the following steps to install the connector:
- Download and run the CData setup.
- Follow the instructions in the Licensing The Connector section to ensure the connector is properly licensed.
- Follow the instructions in the Register The Connector section to enable the connector in Tableau Prep.
License the Connector
On Windows, no additional steps are required. The connector setup prompts for a product key and registers a license as part of the install process.
On MacIntosh systems, you must run the licensing tool after the setup is complete. Open up a terminal and run the following commands to license the connector:
cd "/Applications/CData Tableau Connector for Freshdesk 2023/bin"
sudo ./install-license <key>
To activate a trial, omit the <key> input.
The second command may prompt for a password. If it does, provide the password you use to login to your Mac user account.
Register the Connector
After you have installed the connector, you must register it with Tableau. Follow these steps:
- Find your Tableau repository. Your repository will usually be located in your documents folder with the name My Tableau Prep Repository.
- Go to the lib folder in the connector install directory. This will usually be either C:\Program Files\CData\CData Tableau Connector for Freshdesk 2023\lib or /Applications/CData Tableau Connector for Freshdesk 2023/lib depending upon your platform.
- Copy one of the TACO files into the Connectors directory within your Tableau repository.
- If you are using Tableau Prep 2021.2 or later, copy cdata.freshdesk.taco.
- If you are using an earlier version, copy cdata.freshdesk.legacy.taco.
Note that the exact names of the My Tableau Prep Repository and Connectors directories depend upon your system language settings.
Files Installed by the Connector
The setup will try to register the driver with your Tableau install. By default it will copy the driver JAR file into either of these locations:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers
- Mac: /Users/myuser/Library/Tableau/Drivers
See Configuring a Connection for the next step, which includes establishing a connection via the connection builder.