Connecting to Avalara
By default, the adapter connects to production environment. Set UseSandbox to true to use a Avalara sandbox environment.
Authenticating to Avalara
There are two authentication methods available for connecting to the Avalara data source, the Basic and the LicenseKey methods.
Authenticating Using Login Credentials
To perform the Basic authentication, provide your user credentials as below:
- AuthScheme: Set this to Basic.
- User: Set this to your Avalara username.
- Password: Set this to your Avalara password.
Authenticating Using Account Number and License Key
Alternatively, you can authenticate using your account number and license key. Connect to the data source using the following:
- AuthScheme: Set this to LicenseKey.
- AccountId: Set this to your Avalara Account Id. The Account Id is listed in the upper right hand corner of the Avalara admin console.
- LicenseKey: Set this to your Avalara license key. You can generate a license key by logging into Avalara as an account adminstrator and navigating to Settings -> Reset License Key.